Oak Harbor School District social studies teacher Kevin Kindelberger replied to questions I posted at the WNT Facebook forum about the Schools gearing up for levy kickoff article. In doing so, he only slightly veiled his labeling of me as a Fascist, choosing instead the phrase a “March on Rome” to convey his point.
I am utterly disappointed that Oak Harbor High School social studies teacher Kindelberger offered nothing to back up his “March on Rome”claim. After all, when I penned Teacher Militancy Increases as Teachers Campaign for 39% Increase in Local Supplemental Pay + Video: Union Teachers Advocate for Marxism in the Classroom I provided a screen shot of the teacher-celebrated graphic directly from the OHEA Facebook page and a video to show how this was not just a one-off, isolated incident.
The Oak Harbor Education Association and its members quite obviously and seriously want to keep people ignorant of the facts about this levy. That alone should be a big clue to folks as to why a “no” vote is completely justified.
Here’s a letter I have penned about the proposed OHSD levy. Below that is Kevin Kindelberger’s WNT forum posting, following that is proof-positive as to how our local teachers’ union swings politically, and, below that, my most favorite video about teachers’ unions.
“Voters should reject the Oak Harbor School District’s (OHSD’s) proposed 2013 Maintenance and Operations (M&O) levy. That levy would literally double local property taxes presently being paid towards that single M&O levy and would raise property taxes overall by about 10%. The OHSD’s existing and ongoing property tax bonds – paying for things like a new high school and stadium – are already programmed to increase local school property taxes by 4% to 5% annually, and even so if property values drop more or stagnate for years. An additional 10% plus-up in local property taxes is unjustified as I have demonstrated in an article titled “Oak Harbor School District claim of “massive cuts” is phony baloney” available via a Google search on the internet.
A main reason our local teachers are so gung-ho about the proposed levy is that they have been promised a 39% increase in local supplemental pay if the levy passes, via more “TRI-Days”, so they are literally campaigning for their own paychecks. Via TRI-Days, the teachers’ union already skims about $1.5 million annually into their own pockets from local discretionary revenues such as Federal Impact Aid and the local M&O school levy. TRI-Day dollars could pay for anything and everything that this giant unnecessary levy might.
Local teachers have threatened local business owners (themselves retired teachers) who spoke out against TRI-Days and teachers are conning students in school about school revenues. Educate yourself and then vote “no”. The teachers are militant and the levy is a scam.”
Other relevant articles about this proposed levy include:
- OHSD Students Being Exploited and Conned
- Oak Harbor School District claim of “massive cuts” is phony baloney: Reject the 2013 M&O levy that would increase by 100% the local M&O property tax for schools
- How high will proposed 2013 OHSD M&O levy go? Teachers’ union president sets campaign theme: “We choose to go to the Moon”!
- Oak Harbor School District teachers’ union members openly threaten business owner who communicated with school district about TRI-Days and school levy
- Nothing has changed in 20 years: 1992 Ed Beeksma letter documents two decades of Oak Harbor School District shill game of using Maintenance and Operations (M&O) levy for pay and benefits
- Whidbey News Times editor “Burned Out” on idea to ask local voters directly for ALL Time, Responsibility and Incentive (TRI) pay at each Maintenance and Operations (M&O) levy renewal
- Reject Oak Harbor School District Levy until all Time, Responsibility, and Incentive (TRI) dollars are returned to the Kids
- Oak Harbor School District teachers’ union president provides evidence of overpaid teachers while also providing false local salary information
- Teacher Militancy Increases as Teachers Campaign for 39% Increase in Local Supplemental Pay + Video: Union Teachers Advocate for Marxism in the Classroom
Tags: Citizens for Better Schools, Kevin Kindelberger, Maintenance and Operations (M&O) levy, Oak Harbor High School, Oak Harbor School District (OHSD), Teachers Unions Explained, Time Responsibility Incentive (TRI), TRI-Days, YesOakHarbor.org
Comments are now closed.